Friday, January 23, 2015

Desktop Image


Cardom & MacInWin, 


Let me see if I understand your instructions before trying this.

1. Make sure my Hard Drive Icon is not on the Desktop?
2. Go to " Applications/Utilities"
3. Find an application called "Terminal", RUN this application
4. Type in:
    cd ~/Desktop
    rm -rf *.*      
 /  or /        
rm -rf *.jpg
{  I'm not sure what you mean by "Working Directory"? }
{  Not sure what "OP" means?  }
??? Is my Hard Drive on my Desktop???
It appears to be but when I open the folder "Desktop" I don't see it there. I see it listed under "Devices".

Thank you for your help. I was trying to learn how to use an app called "Automator" but it will only delete one file at a time. I was trying to figure out how to get it to delete more files but haven't yet. When I am sure I won't delete my Hard drive or other files I'll do as you suggest. I have copied all the pictures to an external drive. Well, I take that back. There are pics in " iPhoto ".  I need to check to be sure all those are on the external drive too.

I would like to go slow and only delete one type of file at a time. All of these have "Zero Kb on the disk" I think they are only place holders within the "desktop" folder. They were originally inside a folder called, "Pictures".  Otherwise, If they were not placeholders why would all of them have "Zero Kb"?

Thank you so much for your help.
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment